I have kids with eczema. That sucks. No really- they never had that lovely “baby smell” of Johnsons or Elisabeth Annes. It was always a back and forth between trying different products and staying away from the nasties that you find in lotions and creams you get from the dermatologist. Cortisone at one stage made Khloe’s skin so dry that it started bleeding on her cheeks. I knew I had to find some other alternative to that.
So after struggling for the first year of poor Khloe’s life with her skin, I stumbled upon an alternative that really seems to work for us- lotions that contain no colourants, no fragrance, no parabens and no petrochemicals. Difficult to find? Yes and no. Here is one that I found lately that is AMAZING!
Little Zoe that is 23 months old and struggles with eczema especially in winter and Khloe who is 5 now and suffers from very dry skin due to the use of cortisone.
The lotion contains 100% natural ingredients with goats milk being one of the main ones. It also contains honey, beeswax and shea butter and all the type of goodies you would expect from a natural cream. It has a lightweight formula and is non- greasy. It applies quickly and effortlessly.
The company manufacturing these lotions are Wriggly Tin. Their products are made in small batches on their farm in Magaliesburg and they use plant based oils and butters as well as organic goats milk that they get from their free range goats on the farm. All products are fragranced using essential oils. This is a proudly South African product and by supporting this business, you are supporting a dream.
What I really liked:
- The packaging- ok, that in itself is not enough to like a product but it comes in a pump action bottle that makes it easier to keep little hands out of a jar of cream.
- It is made with 100% natural ingredients and contains no nasties like petrochemicals or artificial fragrance.
- It is lightweight and non- greasy.
- Absorbs quickly and moisturises the skin sufficiently.
- It has a unique smell that I really like.
- It is not a vegan-friendly product as it contains goats milk and beeswax.
- This product is not suitable for people with nut allergies as it contains almond oil.
I used the lotion on both kids for two weeks with no side effects. Zoe had no breakouts and Khloe’s skin is not so dry at all. We applied the cream once a day after bath time and in the mornings to their faces before going out.
All in all this is an amazing lotion and a great alternative to mainstream eczema friendly lotions that’s available. I can say in all honesty that it improved the appearance of the children’s skin.
I bought my bottle from PiPaPo for R75.00 (which is awesome as I can ship these products with whatever else I buy that month!)
Views are my own and based on my experience using the lotion on the kids for two weeks.