June 16, 2017
Who am I?
Who knew that such a simple question would be so hard to answer? But after having this blog for a while, maybe I should introduce myself.
I’m a daughter, a mother, a sister, business owner and a friend. I’m also a parent and a student. I’m a writer. I love helping people see the world differently and help them feel better about themselves. I’m all sorts of things …… and just because, I now give you this:
25 Random Things About Me
1. I run a boutique PR agency. I LOVE my job and its challenges. It keeps me alive. I love being a spin doctor and will put a spin on pretty much anything.
2. My most favourite thing to eat is BREAD followed closely by curry. I can live on breyani.
3. I can’t stand being cold – I absolutely hate winter. I always need to be warm. I drive with the heater on in my car during summer too.
4. I really don’t like watching TV even though I watch 7de Laan religiously.
5. I absolutely adore reading, but don’t do it nearly enough. Thankfully, I read crazy fast, so when I finally start reading, I finish a book quickly.
6. I have very little desire to travel anywhere that I can’t drive home from. I’d be willing to drive for 7 days straight, so I can travel pretty far. I just love driving. But I do fly- I just hate it.
7. I collect woven wraps.
8. I love a gin and tonic on a Friday afternoon. It is like my reward for a week survived.
9. I love working from home, so when the company grew I decided to have offices build on my property as I enjoy having the kids around me.
10. I LOVE coffee. I can’t live without it. Nothing makes me happier than a piping hot coffee.
11. I try really hard not to hurt other people’s feelings, even when I should probably say something for their own good or to stand up for myself.
12. I don’t understand how people don’t believe in God, and am thankful that I do. My strength is not enough to get me through this life.
13. I use only natural products and no products containing petrochemical by products or parabens. Same goes for my kids. (Except for the Dark and Lovely Oil Spray for Zoe’s hair)
14. I don’t really have a sense of humor…
15. I never enjoyed pregnancy. But I LOVE babies so much.
16. I’m afraid of being buried alive. Hence I am an organ donor.
17. I have two dogs that I love as much as my children.
18. I have never watched Game of Thrones, so for all of you people that use that show as reference, I have no idea what you’re talking about. AND I have no desire to watch them. I did force myself to watch Twilight this year though, and I’m still confused.
19. I love the sound of my dad’s voice, and could listen to him talk all day long.
20. I am a trained doula as well and volunteer at the Sandukani clinic in Hillbrow on a regular basis.
21. I am always busy with something. I love going on vacation a but I always take my laptop and phone with. I am always connected to the outside world.
22. I love nothing more than to get my hair done on a regular basis. I even go to the salon once a week.
23. I drink copious amounts of water. Can someone actually drink too much water?
24. I love cooking. Not a little bit, but with every fibre of my being. It really makes me happy.
25. I am REALLY bothered by words and actions that are reactive as opposed to pro-active. I would rather fight for whats right than to stand back and just let things happen. I truly believe that people don’t have to fail before they learn a lesson.