Who am I?
Who am I? Who knew that such a simple question would be so hard to answer? But after having this blog for 6 months now, maybe I should introduce myself.
I’m a daughter, a wife, a mother, a sister, business owner and a friend. I’m also a parent and a student. I’m a writer. I love helping people see the world differently and help them feel better about themselves. I’m all sorts of things …… and just because, I now give you this:
25 Random Things About Me
1. I’ve been married for 5 years and have liked my husband for almost all of those years. Sometimes more than other times. This is both of our second marriages and we are determined to make this work.
2. My most favourite thing to eat is BREAD followed closely by curry. I can live on breyani.
3. I can’t stand being cold – I absolutely hate winter. I always need to be warm. I drive with the heater on in my car during summer too.
4. I really don’t like watching TV even though I watch 7de Laan religiously.
5. I absolutely adore reading, but don’t do it nearly enough. Thankfully, I read crazy fast, so when I finally start reading, I finish a book quickly.
6. I have very little desire to travel anywhere that I can’t drive home from. I’d be willing to drive for 7 days straight, so I can travel pretty far. I just love driving. But I do fly- I just hate it.
7. I collect woven wraps.
8. I smoke but I don’t drink. And it does not make me a boring person. Promise you that.
9. I love working from home, so when the company grew I decided to have offices build on my property as I enjoy having the kids around me. I also love working with women and especially other moms.
10. I LOVE coffee. I can’t live without it. Nothing makes me happier than a piping hot coffee.
11. I try really hard not to hurt other people’s feelings, even when I should probably say something for their own good or to stand up for myself.
12. I don’t understand how people don’t believe in God, and am thankful that I do. My strength is not enough to get me through this life, and I need Him to lean on.
13. I use only natural products and no products containing petrochemical by products or parabens. Same goes for my kids. (Except for the Dark and Lovely Oil Spray for Zoe’s hair)
14. I’ve got a really good sense of humor and love to laugh, and try to keep every situation light and fun.
15. I never enjoyed pregnancy. But I LOVE babies so much.
16. I’m afraid of being buries alive. Hence I am an organ donor.
17. I have two dogs that I love as much as my children.
18. I have never watched Game of Thrones, so for all of you people that use that show as reference, I have no idea what you’re talking about. AND I have no desire to watch them. I did force myself to watch Twilight this year though, and I’m still confused.
19. I love the sound of my dad’s voice, and could listen to him talk all day long.
20. I own an advertising agency and can’t see myself not doing marketing. I love it so much.
21. I am always busy with something. I love going on vacation a but I always take my laptop and phone with. I am always connected to the outside world.
22. I love nothing more than to get my hair done on a regular basis. I even go to the salon once a week.
23. I drink copious amounts of water. Can someone actually drink too much water?
24. I love cooking. Not a little bit, but with every fibre of my being. It really makes me happy.
25. I am REALLY bothered by words and actions that are reactive as opposed to pro-active. I would rather fight for whats right than to stand back and just let things happen. I truly believe that people don’t have to fail before they learn a lesson.